Monday, August 20, 2012

Green Smoothie for Breakfast!

First of all let me admit that I have been on a binge eating spree for a while now and its definitely showing negatively on my health now. So I have decided to resume my intake of green smoothies to detox and cleanse some of the toxins I have accumulated over the past few weeks. Yeah I'm talking about all the processed sugar, sodium, MSG from the Chinese take outs and Pizzas.

So one of my breakfast smoothies was so incredibly tasty that I had to share this with you.

Breakfast smoothie in the Blendtec
Breakfast Smoothie in the Blendtec


First of all, you need a nice blender. Like the BlendTec or the Vitamix. I personally have a BlendTec and absolutely love it because it fits nicely under the counter and there's no need for a tamper (the thing that pushes food from the top) because of its patented vortex action.

Ingredients for the smoothie:

1. 500ml water
2. Lots of greens - Spinach, Swiss Chard, Kale 
2. 2 cups of blueberries
3. 1 green apple
4. 1 banana
5. 1 carrot
6. 2 tsp Chia seeds

You can find all these items at Whole Foods, which is one of my favorite places to shop as its so convenient to find all the good stuff at one place.

That's it, blend all this for a delicious breakfast smoothie.This should keep you super energized for the day!


No comments: