Today's breaking news : "Obama Awarded The Nobel Peace Prize". Everyone's sudden reaction was "What!". Yes, its true - nobody expected him to win, but surprises do happen! Here are my views on why I support the decision and why I don't:
Why i think Obama deserves it:
1. Obama got rid of Guantanamo Bay within days of joining his office. Its well known that the Bay had innocent people convicted with crimes within it as well.
2. He cut back sharply the amount of money that is wasted on fighting useless wars and now automatic drones are used to target enemy bases - smart move.
3. As the President Of The US (Read the most powerful person in the world), he has shown that he believes more in peace than war (Time will tell whether this is a good ideology).
What makes me think its a joke:
1. Its hardly been any time for Obama to achieve such a prestigious award. For some people like Martin Luther King or Mother Teresa, its taken many many years to achieve it. It took Obama just a few weeks!
2. Look at what all was done by the other winners in the past: Mother Teresa traveled so many countries, helped the poor and the needy and really did put efforts which got her the award. All Obama was doing was meetings with Ben Bernanke and Tim G :)
Personally I think Obama deserved the Noble Green Award...wait is there such an award...for the work he's doing to save the environment. Overall I think everyone will have mixed opinions about whether Obama deserves the award or not. What do you think? Share your opinion by posting a comment below..